- The Fam
A couple of months ago I went through our pants and set aside any that were starting to get too worn out or would not fit the girls by next fall.
I just want to say, I HATE the thought of spending money on summer clothing. It just seems wasteful. All we are going to do is get dirty while romping, wear LESS clothing and we aren’t really going to care a whole lot about what we look like when we have no where official to be and no one to impress.
So to me, it makes much more sense to re-invent clothing we already have and pants are a great place to start. If you with me on this, here is a quick tutorial on how to create cute cut-off jeans:
1. With pants on or using another pair of shorts as your guide, measure the length you want for your cut offs. To this, add on seam allowance keeping in mind whether you want to flip up once, leaving the edge raw to fray a bit in the wash or flipping twice and having a folded edge.
2. Lay one pant leg straight and cut straight across the leg at the length measured.
3. Fold over onto the second leg to match and cut.
4. Fold up raw edge and eye how you want your hem to look.
5. Press your edges with an iron.
6. Hand stitch a thick stitch in one place at the side seams of each leg to hold in place.
7. To keep the hem in place, in the inside (wrong side) make large loose stitches catching only a tiny bit on the right side of the leg (invisible stitch). Doesn’t have to be pretty.
8. View in the inside when done.
Finish a project lately? Please share!
Check out this FSIS Project by Aimee at Crafty Bug:
My Pinterest Pins
TagsBaby balance Birthday Blog Book Book club Book Reviews Books Breakfast children Children's Children's Literature Christmas Clothing Eugene Family Garden gardening Goals Goodreads Happy Holidays How to Humor Kids Lime Movie New Year's Oregon Organization parenting Photos Planning pressure cooker Raine Re-purposed reading Recipe Review Salt Lake City Soccer Soup Summer Toddler Tutorial
Welcome to Mae Mae Daily, I'm Mae Mae, visit the About page to read more about me and this site!
- On page 110 of 240 of The Artful Edit, by Susan Bell bit.ly/YeocP2 3 weeks ago
- 4 of 5 stars to Delirium by Lauren Oliver bit.ly/121uUWt 3 weeks ago
- 3 of 5 stars to The Abolition of Man by C.S. Lewis bit.ly/11QasI3 4 weeks ago
- 4 of 5 stars to The Great Divorce by C.S. Lewis bit.ly/XK3mXL 1 month ago
- 5 of 5 stars to The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo bit.ly/Xtu8DJ 1 month ago